The main advantage of WhatsApp Web is that it helps users to send and respond to messages from the comfort of their computer using a mouse and keyboard. Until recently, users need to scan the QR Code on the WhatsApp Web page to link to their phone. Now, it is even easier to sign in to your account on WhatsApp Web version with the Link with the phone number option.
Meta starts rolling out the Link with Phone Number feature for the WhatsApp Web version allowing users to log in to their account on the Web without scanning the QR Code. The latest beta version of the WhatsApp app (v188.8.131.52) brings the feature, which will be available in the stable channel soon. Here is how to use this feature.
How to Login to WhatsApp Web Without Scanning the QR Code?
1. First, install the latest version of WhatsApp (184.108.40.206 Beta) on your phone.
2. On your computer, open WhatsApp Web on your Chrome or Edge browser.
3. Select the Link with Phone Number option and enter your phone number connected to your WhatsApp account.
4. Click the Next button to receive a code.
5. Next, open WhatsApp on your phone and go to Linked Devices.
6. Choose the Link with Phone Number instead option.
7. Enter the 8-character code displayed on the desktop to log in to WhatsApp Web.
Meta recently added several new features to WhatsApp for a better user experience. Option to transfer chat without using the cloud backup (iCloud or Google Drive), block spam calls and unknown numbers easily, edit sent messages, etc., are examples of the latest additions to WhatsApp.
The company is also preparing to add more new features to WhatsApp to enhance the user experience. For example, a username for your account, adding up to 32 people on a group call, etc., are the upcoming features of WhatsApp.
- How to Install WhatsApp for Wear OS APK on Smartwatch
- How to Share Voice Note as Status on WhatsApp
- How to Chat in WhatsApp Without Saving Phone Number in Your Contact List
- How to Message Yourself on WhatsApp