WhatsApp offers several features to its users for privacy, security, and convenience. For example, you can chat with any person in WhatsApp without having to save his or her phone number in your contact list. Certainly, a handy feature if you don’t want to save a phone number in your contacts just for WhatsApp chat.
Here is how to chat with any person in WhatsApp without saving the phone number in your contact list. The advantages of this feature are many. It won’t clutter your contacts list, send and receive messages via WhatsApp Web, Android or iPhone.
How to Easily Message Unsaved WhatsApp Numbers?
UPDATE [December 2022]: The new message yourself feature is the easiest method to text other people without saving their phone numbers. Here is how it works.
1. First, tap on the chat button and select your phone number/ (You) label in WhatsApp.
2. Type the unsaved phone number in the chat window and send it to yourself.
3. The unsaved phone number will appear in blue in the chat.
4. Now, tap the phone number and select the “Chat with ” option.
5. Now, type messages in the chat window for the unsaved number and send them to the person.
UPDATE [June 2022]: There is another simple method to WhatsApp with a person without saving his/her contact number on your phonebook. Here is how it is.
1. Open WhatsApp, and select any chat.
2. Next, type the phone number of the person you want to chat with and send it.
3. Tap on the sent phone number and select the Chat with (Contact Number) option.
4. You can now chat with that phone number.
Note that the phone number should have WhatsApp. Otherwise, you will not see the Chat With (phone number) option.
How make WhatsApp chat without saving phone number?
To start sending messages in WhatsApp to unsaved phone numbers, all you need his or her phone number along with country code. For example, to start a WhatsApp chat with a user in India (country code +91) and his/her phone number is 9988776655 you will use 919988776655 (don’t use the ‘+’ or ‘00’ prefix).
1. On Android phone or iPhone, open your favorite browser (Chrome or Safari). Type the below URL followed by the phone number (including country code) and tap Enter key.
wa.me/phone number (in our example, it will be
2. WhatsApp app will open automatically with the chat window.
3. Now you can start sending messages to the user even if you don’t have his/her phone number in your contacts.
How to Send Messages to Unsaved Numbers in WhatsApp Web?
1. Now, for computer users, you can use WhatsApp Web to chat with other WhatsApp user just using the phone number.
2. Type the URL
https://web.whatsapp.com/send?phone=phone number in the browser address bar, where phone number is other user number with country code.
3. In our example it will look like:
4. WhatsApp Web will open the chat window for this phone number. Hope you will enjoy this post.
How to Send WhatsApp Messages to Unsaved Numbers with Click to Chat app?
If the above method is not convenient for you, the Click to Chat app will let you do the job. This lightweight, ad-free app helps you send messages to any unsaved phone number on WhatsApp. Install the Click to Chat app from the Play Store and send messages on WhatsApp without saving a phone number. Here is how to use the app.
1. Install Click to Chat app (link) from Play Store and then open it.
2. It will ask to enter the phone number of the person you want to message via WhatsApp.
3. Enter the number with country code and tap on the Open button.
4. The app will start a conversation on WhatsApp with the entered number.
That is all how to send messages in WhatsApp without saving a phone number in your contact list. This feature can be useful, if you want to send any particular messages to people who are not in your contact list.
- How to Enable Disappearing Messages By Default in WhatsApp
- How to Respond to WhatsApp Group Chat Messages Privately
- Hide Contacts, Chats and Calls on WhatsApp Without Using Any App
- How to Send Disappearing Photos/Videos in WhatsApp