Nothing Tech has released Android 14-based Nothing OS 2.5 beta for the first Gen Nothing Phone 1. The update carries several Android 14 goodies and enhancements. New dynamic widgets, the Atmosphere wallpaper effect, a new Glyph interface, new gestures, etc., are the notable features of the update. Here are the complete changelogs and installation guide for Nothing OS 2.5 beta on Nothing Phone 1.
Launched with Android 12 (Nothing OS 1), the company promised three years of Android upgrades and four years of security updates for Nothing Phone 1. The first major software update was Android 13, and Android 14 is the second update for the device. Android 14-based Nothing OS 2.5 public beta is now available, and the stable update probably will reach the device in January 2024.
Full Changelog of Nothing OS 2.5 Beta (Android 14) for Nothing Phone 1
- Redesigned a joint Home Screen and Lock Screen customisation page and improved the edit wallpaper flow for a more comprehensive view of options.
- New Atmosphere wallpaper effect: Transform your background photo into a dynamic wallpaper that brings motion to colours on your home screen. A seamless transition between your lock and home screens.
- Introduced solid colour wallpapers for a cleaner Home Screen appearance.
- Added a monochrome colour theme in the basic colour section.
- Customisable double-press power button to quickly access a chosen feature. Just head to Settings > System > Gestures.
- More Lock Screen shortcut options like: Do Not Disturb, Mute, QR code scanner, video camera.
- Capture screenshots quickly with a three-finger swipe gesture.
- New screenshot editor and menu, allowing for more advanced editing features and quick deletions.
- Pedometer Widget: Track your daily steps directly from your home screen. Set goals and monitor your progress to stay motivated.
- Media Player Widget: Displays the currently playing song. Control your music easily while on-the-move.
- Screen Time Widget: Monitor and manage your daily screen time to maintain a healthy digital lifestyle.
[To use these new widgets, users need to update their Nothing Launcher and Nothing Widgets app to the latest versions available on the Play Store]
- Added a new Glyph animation for when NFC is being used.
- Improved the experience of Flip to Glyph.
- Optimized the experience of the Weather app and improved the notification of weather alerts.
- Refreshed the back gesture arrow visual to be more in line with Nothing’s style.
- Made it possible to set ringtone and notification sound volumes separately, with an updated volume control interface.
- Updated Quick Settings layout and support to show more devices icons.
- Improved the stability of the camera.
- Enhanced overall system stability for a more reliable and smooth experience.
Download and Install Nothing OS 2.5 Beta (Android 14) on Nothing Phone 1
1. First, download and install the NothingOS OTA APK (link) on your Nothing Phone 1.
2. Next, open the Settings app, scroll down, and tap the Update to Beta version option.
3. Tap the Check for New Version button.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Nothing OS 2.5 Beta on your device.
Nothing OS 2.5 Beta is still in the testing stage. So, it may carry several bugs, and some applications may not work. Since this is not the final software, install Nothing OS 2.5 Beta at your own risk.
- Download Nothing OS 2.0 Launcher APK for Your Phone
- How to Use Android 14’s Generative AI Wallpapers Feature to Create Custom Wallpapers
- Download Generative AI Wallpapers App APK and Create Dynamic Wallpapers for Your Android Phone
- Android 14 Stable Version: Download and Install the Full OTA Update on Pixel Phones
- How to Fix the Auto-Confirm Unlock Option Missing in Android 14