Last year Google brought customizable illustrations into Gmail to help users customize their profile pictures. The feature is now available for the Contacts app on Android phones. You can use those illustrations to refresh the profile picture of your contacts. It will also have a little more privacy than using photos of themselves.
Android users can use Google illustrations to customize the profile picture of their contacts. The collections are available in different categories, such as animals, cities and places, food, hobbies and interests, nature, sports, and recreation, and allow a few customizations, like changing the color, crop, and rotation.
In the Google Contacts app, Illustrations, Google Photos, and Device photos options are now available to customize the profile picture of each contact. Here is how to use it.
How to Create Custom Profile Picture with Google Illustration on Android?
1. Open the Contacts app on your Android phone.
2. Tap on a contact or profile image of a contact and tap the edit icon.
3. Next, tap on Add picture or Change option.
4. Under the illustration tab, select a picture of your choice.
5. Below the selected image, select a filter or customize it using the available options (paint bucket, crop, and rotate options).
6. Once done, tap on the Save option to set the profile picture.
Instead of just choosing between your Google Photos or Device Photos for a new profile picture for your contacts, you will be able to explore an Illustrations tab with several colorful images.
The library includes categories like musical instruments, arts and crafts, gardening, drinks, birds, nature, and more. You can also customize the image with colors of your choice with the paint bucket option. There are also options to rotate and crop images to make them best fit your needs.
- How to Edit Your Home and Workplace Address in Google Maps
- How to Add Colors to Google Drive Folders on Android and Desktop
- Enable 3D View in Google Maps on Computer and Smartphone
- How to Monitor Heart Rate on Google Pixel 6/6 Pro