Installing custom recovery like TWRP and getting root access on your OnePlus 5 are fine, but you will not get further over the air (OTA) firmware update, as it requires stock OxygenOS recovery. Also, for installing latest Oxygen OS version needs stock recovery on OnePlus 5. If you are looking for a way to restore stock OxygenOS recovery on your OnePlus 5, check out the guide given below.
In this guide, we show you how to download OnePlus 5 stock recovery image and how to install it on OnePlus 5. Restoring OxygenOS stock recovery on OnePlus 5 is a quite simple process, if you are accustomed with installing custom recovery. All you need ADB and fastboot driver setup on your computer, unlocked bootloader on OnePlus 5 and execute a few commands.
First, you need to download OxygenOS stock recovery image for OnePlus 5 from here. After downloading the image file, rename the file to ‘recovery.img’ and then follow the step-by-step guide given below.
Note: This tutorial requires ADB and Fastboot driver setup on your PC. You may follow this simple guide to know how to install ADB and Fastboot driver on your Windows PC.
How to install stock recovery in OnePlus 5
1. Save the downloaded (download link above) recovery image (recovery.img) where you have installed the ADB.
2. Now, boot your Oneplus 5 into fastboot mode (Switch off the phone and hold Volume UP + Power button together)
3. Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable
4. Go to the ADB installation directory and open a command window (Press Shift key, right click on an empty area and select ‘Open command window here’ option)
5. In command prompt, type below command and press eneter
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Once the flashing process is finished, reboot your phone. You have now successfully installed stock recovery on your OnePlus 5. Any question? Leave it in the comment section below.