Nord is the latest mid-range smartphone lineups from OnePlus. A highlight of the phone is Google’s Phone app and Messages app instead of OxygenOS Messages and Contacts apps. Yes, Google’s apps are more feature-rich, but some users still prefer OnePlus‘s apps, as they are more elegant and look classy for them.
If you’re unhappy with the Google Phone app and Messages app on your OnePlus Nord, you can now install stock OxygenOS Messages and Contacts apps. The latest version of OnePlus Messages APK (18.104.22.168) and Contacts (22.214.171.124) APK is installs on the phone without the error message “App not installed”.
How to Install OnePlus SMS and Contacts app on Nord
- Download OxygenOS Messages app APK (link) and Contacts app APK (link) to your OnePlus Nord.
- Install both APKs one-by-one.
- After successful installation, go to Settings and tap on Apps & Notifications.
- Tap on Default apps and choose OnePlus apps for SMS and Contacts.
Once you set the OnePlus SMS app as the default app, you can disable Google Messages without any issues. Please note that while OnePlus SMS works fine, but the contacts app isn’t like that. Interestingly, you can install both apps on the non-OnePlus phone as well.
- How to enable dark mode for unsupported apps on OxygenOS 11
- How to disable background data usage on OnePlus 8/8Pro/8T
- Use OnePlus 8 as a WiFi range extender
- How to access Shelf on OnePlus 8 series phones