OxygenOS 11 over Android 11 has released for the OnePlus 8 series phones. Along with fresh new UI and Always-on ambient Display, enhanced Dark Mode is one of the highlights of the update. OxygenOS 11 lets you enable dark mode for unsupported apps, enable/disable dark mode from the Quick Settings panel, and customize to turn on/off automatically.
Here is how to enable dark mode for all apps in OnePlus 8, 8 Pro and OnePlus 8T run on OxygenOS 11. This feature lets you switch any app to dark mode even if the app doesn’t support the dark theme. For example, Amazon, Facebook, etc. currently has no dark theme, but the Manage apps in Dark Mode setting in OxygenOS 11 lets you force enable dark mode for any app.
Force Enable Dark Mode for Unsupported Apps in OnePlus 8, 8Pro and 8T
- Open Settings on OnePlus 8/8Pro/8T and tap on Display settings.
- Scroll down and under Scenes, tap on Dark Mode.
- In the next screen, tap on ‘Manage apps in dark mode’.
- It should display list of all app which are not support dark mode.
- Now, turn on the app that you want to use in dark mode.
FYI, dark mode for unsupported apps was first introduced in OxygenOS 10 (Android 10). It is improved in OxygenOS 11 (Android 11). Keep in mind that unsupported apps may not function well in Dark mode. For example, the search text won’t be visible in dark theme. However, it will not affect the daily use of the app.
Dark mode has become universal now, and it’s gentler both on eyes and on your device’s battery. If you are using an app a lot on your OnePlus phone, but it doesn’t support the dark theme, then you might like this new feature.
- How to disable background data usage on OnePlus 8, 8Pro
- Use OnePlus 8/8 Pro as a Wi-Fi Range Extender
- Access Shelf on OnePlus 8 series phones