Error 7 is a common issue of LineageOS installation. In this tutorial, we show you how to fix Error 7 on Xiaomi Mi 5 when installing LineageOS. If you are keep getting this error when trying to install LineageOS 14.1 or LineaeOS 15 on your Mi 5, then it might be due the following reasons. By fixing these issues, you can install your favorite LineageOS custom ROM without any issue.
There are mainly four reasons for getting Error 7 on your phone. Existing Android version is old, old or unofficial TWRP custom recovery, incorrect LineageOS build, and dirty flashing. If you are keep getting the Error 7 in TWRP when trying to install LineageOS 14.1 or LineageOS 15 on your Mi 5, then check out the below guide.
Note that the ‘status 7 error’ is a common issue with custom ROMs, which can easily fix. Before installing a custom ROM, check the following things.
– Download and Install MIUI 9 Global Beta (Androdi 7.1.2) on Mi 5
– Xiaomi Mi 5 MIUI 22.214.171.124 Stable Update Boosts System Speed with Efficient CPU Allocation (Installation guide)
– How to Fix Status 7 Error when installing a custom ROM
How to Fix Error 7 on Xiaomi Mi 5 When Installing LineageOS
1. One of the main reasons for error 7 on Xiaomi Mi 5 is old MIUI version installed on the phone. If you are trying to install latest LineageOS version (14.1 or 15) requires latest modem version on the phone.
– We recommend you to install latest MIUI version on the phone before installing latest version of LineageOS. Download [HERE] and install latest Dev fastboot ROM on the device and then flash the custom ROM.
– Alternatively, download and install the latest TWRP flashable ROM packages [HERE] and then try to install LineageOS.
2. We also recommend flashing latest version of official TWRP on your phone, if it is old or unofficial. Download official TWRP for Mi 5 (gemini) from here.
3. Also, do not dirty flash LineageOS. Wipe data and factory reset the device in TWRP before flashing LineageOS 14.1 or LineageOS 15.
Hope above tips will solve Error 7 on Xiaomi Mi 5 when installing LineageOS or any custom ROM.