The 3 year old Xiaomi Mi 4i has been updated to MIUI 9.2 Global Stable ROM (V18.104.22.168 LXIMIEK). This would be the final update for Mi 4i, as Xiaomi has already confirmed that the phone will not get new update after MIUI 9. Though the update is still based on Android Lollipop, users can enjoy revamped UI, new additions like Gallery app, Mi Video app, Mi Explorer and many more.
Few months back, the OEM rolled out MIUI 8.5.3 Global Stable ROM update for Mi 4i. If your device is running on this build with locked bootloader and stock recovery, you will get the MIUI 22.214.171.124.LXIMIEK OTA (over-the-air) update. Other users can download the Recovery or Fastboot ROM (link below) and install manually as given below.
Highlights of MIUI 126.96.36.199 for Mi 4i:
– New – Improved layout and readability for search results in Contacts
– New – Virus scans and payment scans were merged into Security scan
– New – Better blocklist rules with the possibility of separated rules for every SIM card
– New – Switch for turning Battery saver automatically when charged
– New – New display formats for update logs in Updater
– New – Search for apps in the Dual apps settings
– New – Mi Picks gets a new name and a new icon! Meet Apps!
– New – Quick ball goes back to the edge after 3 seconds of inactivity
– New – All-new Mi Drop
– New – Mi Mover supports data migration restarting.
– New – Simplified the UI
– New – New App vault features
How to Install MIUI 9.2 Global Stable ROM on Mi 4i
Recovery Method (requires stock recovery)
1. Download MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM V188.8.131.52.LXIMIEK Recovery ROM [HERE] and save it on your phone’s internal storage.
2. Launch the ‘Updater’ app on your phone.
3. Tap the setting icon (3 dots) at the top-right corner and select ‘Choose update package’.
4. Choose the ROM zip file you have just saved on your phone.
5. The flashing process will start and this will take some time to finish.
Fastboot method: If your device is running older MIUI version or custom ROM:
1. Download MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM V184.108.40.206.LXIMIEK Fastboot ROM [HERE]
2. After downloading the ROM, follow this installation instruction.
Once the installation process is finished, reboot your device the new version. (Source – MIUI)