The recently launched Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro has received official TWRP recovery support. TeamWin has released the popular custom recovery (twrp-3.2.1-0-whyred.img) for Redmi Note 5 Pro (code-named Whyred), which is certainly a good news for custom ROM fans. What is more, the device already has custom ROM support in the form of LineageOS 14.1.
Redmi Note 5 Pro was launched with Android 7.1.1 Nougat based MIUI 9.2 ROM and the device will sooner or later update to Android 8.1 Oreo with Project Treble support. However, if you are a custom ROM fan and want to replace Redmi Note 5 Pro’s Mi stock recovery with TWRP, then you can download it right now.
You can install TWRP custom recovery on Redmi Note 5 Pro after unlocking its bootloader, but you should first obtain unlocking permission from Xiaomi. Keep in mind that the processes will void your device’s warranty and will not get further official software OTA update.
Don’t Miss:How to Install Official TWRP on Redmi Note 5
If you have any issue installing the TWRP on your Redmi Note 5 Pro (code-named Whyred), then check the guide below. First, you need to setup ADB and fastboot driver setup on your PC and then proceed with below steps.
– Download official TWRP (twrp-3.2.1-0-whyred.img) from here and save where ADB is installed on the PC.
– On your phone, go to Developer Options and enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock (If Developer Options not enabled, enable it first)
– Connect your phone to your PC, go to ADB installation folder and open a command window from there.
– Execute the below command to boot your phone into bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
– Now, execute the below command to flash TWRP on your device:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-0-whyred.img
– Once done, type the below command:
After typing ‘
fastboot reboot’, press Power + Volume Up keys to boot into TWRP, otherwise, system will replace TWRP recovery. Now, you can get root by flashing SuperSU zip file Magisk zip file via TWRP. (Source)