OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T owners are start getting new OxygenOS 5.0.4 with July security patch, selfie camera improvements, parallel WhatsApp issue fixes and various other fixes. The update is still based on Android 8.0 Oreo and it is expected that OnePlus will roll out Android 8.1 Oreo by mid 2018.
The incremental OTA update starts rolling out to OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. The update weighs around 95MB and it will take a few days to reach on all devices. If you cannot wait for the OTA, you can also download and install the OxygenOS 5.0.4 stable update manually.
Below is what is new in this update, download link and manual installation instruction.
– Updated Android security patch to July 2018
– Improved image quality for the front camera
– Fixed manual ISO setting issue of 3rd party camera apps
– Fixed parallel WhatsApp crash issue
– Fixed front camera zoom-in issues for Snapchat
1. Save the downloaded ROM zip file on your phone
2. Switch off the phone, press Power + Volume Down buttons together to boot into Recovery mode.
3. Choose “Install from internal storage/Install from local“, find your .zip file and tap on “Install” to confirm.
4. Once the process completes, your phone will reboot automatically into new OxygenOS.
If you have replaced the stock recovery with TWRP, then to install this update, boot your phone into TWRP, select “Install” > select the ROM zip file > swipe to flash and then reboot your device. If you are on a custom ROM, then a clean flash is necessary. (source)