OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T users are getting Face Unlock with the new OxygenOS 5.0.3 update. Both devices are starts receiving the OTA update, which weighs around 594MB. Along with Face Unlock, the OxygenOS 5.0.3 update has also includes May 2018, security patch, improvements and added features for launcher, gallery and weather app.
The incremental OTA update starts rolling out and it will take a few days to reach on all devices. If you cannot wait for the OTA, you can also download and install the OxygenOS 5.0.3 stable update manually. Below is what is new in this update, download link and manual installation instruction.
One of the highlighted features of this update is Face Unlock. OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T already have this feature, and company’s new flagship OnePlus 6 has also comes with Face Unlock. Earlier this year, OnePlus tested Face Unlock for OnePlus 3 and 3T through open beta channel and now it is getting on all devices through the stable update.
OxygenOS 5.0.3 changelog:
– Updated Android security patch to 2018.5
– Face Unlock
– Refined Shelf UI design
– New design for App shortcuts
– More options when long pressing an icon
– Places: a map view of photos by location
– Supported sharing photos to Shot-On-OnePlus
– Recently Deleted collection for Gallery
– Large files category for File Manager
– New weather widget for Launcher
– Improved the positioning accuracy (weather)
– Adjust refresh interval for weather information update