OnePlus has released new OxygenOS Open Beta 23/14 update for OnePlus 3/3T with a handful of new features, general bug fixes and updated Android security patches (patch level August, 2017). OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T users who are signed up for OxygenOS Open Beta program will get the update via OTA soon. Other users can download and install the full ROM manually.
OxygenOS Open Beta 23/14 brings new features to camera app, includes redesigned lift up display UI, quick index bar in contacts UI, new ‘Alarm calendar’ feature, as well as improvements in several areas. Also, the update includes latest security patches (August, 2017).
Below are the full changelog of OxygenOS Open Beta 23/14 for OnePlus 3/3T:
– Added Shot on OnePlus watermark: You can toggle the Shot on OnePlus watermark and add your name to all pictures taken in the main camera settings
– Redesigned lift up display UI
– Now supports displaying battery percentage
– Now supports hiding of notification content from apps locked by App locker
– There is now a toggle that allows you to block notifications from apps that are in the App lock list
– Improved stability of Parallel apps
– Adjusted color display of default screen calibration
– It now tends more towards sRGB calibration
– Added E-warranty card: You can now find a version of your warranty card in “About phone > E-Warranty card”
– Updated Android security patch level to August
– Added quick index bar in contacts UI: The contacts page/app now have an alphabetical bar on the right side for easy moving to certain groups of names
– Improved experience of switching incoming calls
– Improvements to suggested merges functionality
– Loading speed of images improved
– Improved location accuracy
– Improved the experience of searching cities
– New feature “Alarm calendar”: Can be used to set an irregular alarm schedule, once you set the time, you can activate this feature by hitting the 3 dot menu button to the right of “repeat”.
Note that OxygenOS Open Beta 23/14 OTA update is available for those users who have signed up for the beta program. Other users can download and flash the ROM manually. Check out the guide below.
How to Download and Install OxygenOS Open Beta Manually
2. After downloading the firmware on your computer, follow this installation instruction.