Asus ZenFone 3 has got updated to new version (v14.2020.1711.75) with several improvements, VoLTE features and bug fixes. Asus starting to roll out the OTA update to ZenFone 3 ZE520KL variant and it will reach on your device within a week or more. If you have problem installing the OTA update (like network issues), you can download and install the update on your ZenFone 3 ZE 520KL manually as described below.
The new update comes with build number 14.2015.1701.8 and based on Android Nougat. The update improves performance and stability of camera, improves compatibility of Bluetooth, enables CHT VoLTE (for Taiwan), and improves the stability of ASUS System UI. After updating ZenFone 3 (ZE520KL) to the latest build, users can experience better performance on it.
If you do not received the OTA update notification yet, then go to Settings > About > System Update > and check for update manually. Users who prefer manual installation, head over to the below guide.
What is new in this update (v14.2020.1711.75)
1. Improved the performance and stability of camera.
2. CHT VoLTE Enabled
3. Improved the compatibility of Bluetooth.
4. Improved the stability of ASUS System UI.
Note: If you prefer manual installation and before proceeding with below steps, back up every data you have on the phone. Also, make sure at least 2GB free space remaining on the SD card.
Download and Install v14.2020.1711.75 Update on Asus Zenfone 3 ZE520KL
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Important: This guide is for Zenfone 3 ZE520KL and SKU WW. Do not install the firmware on other SKU (CN, TW, etc.). Check it by going to Settings > About > software information > Build number and see the software version for WW, CN, JP, etc.
1. Download v14.2020.1711.75 update for Zenfone 3 ZE520KL from here [download WW version]
2. Rename the downloaded firmware file to ‘update.zip’ and save it on your phone.
3. Boot your phone into recovery mode (Switch off the phone and turn on by pressing Power + Volume Up buttons together).
4. In recovery, choose Apply update from sd card and then select the update.zip file.
5. After completing the installation, reboot your phone. (Source)