YU Mobiles has rolled out Android 7.1.1 Nougat update for its Yureka Black. Previously, YU Mobiles rolled out Android 7.1.2 Beta Build to the device for testing and now stable build is ready for Yureka Black that update the device to Android 7.1.1 Nougat. The incremental OTA update starts rolling out and users will get it in the coming days.
In this guide we show you how to update Yureka Black to Android 7.1.1 Nougat manually with official firmware. If you are on the Marshmallow, you will get the Android 7.1.1 Nougat OTA (over the air) update soon. Alternatively, you can download and install the update manually.
Yureka Black owners, who have not received the Android 7.1.1 Nougat OTA update, check it manually and install the update. Your device should be on stock Marshmallow ROM.
1. Open phone Settings > and tap on ‘About Phone’.
2. Tap on Software Update.
3. If update found, download and install.
If your phone runs Android Nougat Beta or any custom ROM, then you need to install the ROM manually. Follow the tutorial below to know how to flash stock firmware on Yureka Black.
1. ADB and Fastboot driver setup on your computer (details).
2. Download [HERE] and install USB drivers for Yureka Black on computer.
3. Download Android 7.1.1 [HERE] Factory Image of YU5040.
How to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat Update on Yureka Black
1. Unzip the downloaded firmware file and save the content where the ADB is installed.
2. 2. Enable USB debugging and OEM Unlocking option in your phone by going to Setting > Developer Option> (To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times).
3. Connect your phone to your PC, then go to ADB installation folder, open a command window (Press Shift key, right click and select Open command window here).
4. In the command prompt, type the command ‘
adb devices’. If your device is listed then proceed with below steps. If your device is not listed, then install proper fastboot driver (For windows) on your PC and proceed again.
5. Now, type the below command in the command prompt and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
6. Now type the below command to install the firmware:
flash-windows.bat (For Windows)
flash-linux.sh (For Linux)
Your phone will flash all the necessary files and reboot automatically. (source)