Yureka Black was launched with Android Marshmallow onboard, which you can now update to Android 7.1.2 Nougat. Yu Televentures has released a beta version of Android 7.1.2 Nougat to test out on Yureka Black, which you can install manually on the device and experience all the features of the upcoming OS update right now. The stable build of Android 7.1.2 Nougat update will roll out for Yureka Black by next month, according to the company.
In this guide we show you how to update Yureka Black to Android 7.1.2 Nougat manually. Beta version of Nougat factory image is now available for Yuerka Black, which you can download and install manually. Note that since this is a beta build it will not roll out via OTA (over the air). However, the stable build of Android 7.1.2 will be rolled out via OTA. Inexperienced Yureka Black users should wait for the stable build, which is proposed to roll out by next month.
For installing official Android 7.1.2 Nougat Beta on Yureka Black meets following prerequisites. You should backup all data you have on the device and at least 50% -60% battery charge remaining on it.
2. TWRP Recovery for Yureka Black (download from here)
3. ADB and Fastboot driver setup on your PC (Read this guide)
How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on YU Yureka Black
1. Download Android 7.1.2 Nougat firmware for Yureka Black from here. Unzip the file and save the contents inside the ADB installation folder.
2. Enable USB debugging and OEM Unlocking option in your phone by going to Setting > Developer Option> (To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times)
3. Inside the ADB installation folder, open a command window (Press Shift key, right click and select Open command window here)
4. Connect your phone to your PC and type the command ‘
adb devices’. If your device is listed then proceed with below steps. If your device is not listed, then install proper fastboot driver (For windows) on your PC and proceed again.
5. Now, type the below command in the command prompt and hit enter
adb reboot bootloader
6. Now type the below command to install the firmware
flash-windows.bat (For Windows)
flash-linux.sh (For Linux)
Your phone will flash all the necessary files and reboot automatically. Now you need to flash Google Apps package. For that, follow the below steps.
1. Download Open Gapps zip file (7.2/arm64) from here and save it inside the ADB installation folder
2. Boot your phone into fastboot mode again and issue the below command:
fastboot boot yu5040_recovery.img
3. Now, type the below command to flash Gapps zip file
adb sideload open_gapps.zip
4. Once done, make a factory reset and reboot your phone.
Now you have successfully installed Android 7.1.2 Developer Version on Yureka Black. Enjoy! Any question? Leave it in the comment section below. (Source – Yuplaygold forum)