Samsung will not update Galaxy S4 Mini I9190/I9195 (3G/LTE) variants to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, but you can upgrade the device to Android 6.0 via official CM13 custom ROM. CyanogenMod team has released nightly build of CM13 (Android 6.0) for Galaxy S4 Mini, which you can install on your phone and enjoy all the new features of Marshmallow.
In this guide, we will show you how to update your Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 and GT-I9195 (3G/LTE) variants to Android 6.0 Marshmallow via official CM13 ROM. Not only stock UI and Android 6.0’s features, CyanogenMod 13 bring various new features like the theme engine, which enables users to customize their phone completely, to your Galaxy S4 mini.
Before you get start, we remind you that the status of CM 13 is nightly, which means the ROM is unstable, buggy and may not have full features.
How to install CyanogenMod 13 on Galaxy S4 Mini
Disclaimer: Follow the guide at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any damage that occurs. The guide is intended for technically talented users only. Backup every data on your phone.
Important: Backup all data on your phone including EFS data. Also, make a system dump (Nandroid backup) from custom recovery.
1. Your device should be rooted and have latest version of TWRP recovery installed on it. If not, follow this guide [HERE]
3. Also download Gapps zip file [HERE] and save it on your phone’s SD crad.
4. Turn off your S4 Mini and boot into TWRP recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume up + Power + Home buttons together.
5. For clean installation, select ‘Wipe’ in recovery and clear Cache, Dalvik cache and factory reset.
6. In recovery, select Install, navigate to CM13 ROM zip file and flash it. Also, flash Gapps zip file in the same way and then reboot your phone.
If your phone gets into the boot loop sequence (stuck in the welcome screen), boot your phone into custom recovery, wipe cache and dalvik cache.
You have now successfully installed CM13 on Galaxy S4 Mini. Leave your views below in the comment section.