While many devices are waiting for the newest Android 8.0 Oreo update, there are many devices that are not yet updated to Android 7.0 Nougat. Galaxy S5 Neo is one among them and now it starts getting the Android 7.0 Nougat update. Samsung starts rolling out Android 7.0 Nougat OTA update for Galaxy S5 Neo G903W with firmware version G903WVLU1CQH4. Here is how to download and install the update manually.
If you own a Galaxy S5 Neo G903W, you will get the official Android 7.0 Nougat OTA update in the coming days. If you cannot wait for the OTA or did not receive the update for some reason, you can download and install the Nougat update (G903WVLU1CQH4) manually. Check out the guide.
Before starts, check for the OTA update manually on your S5 Neo by heading to Settings > About Phone > Software Update. If update found, download and install it. This is the safest method.
If for some reason, did not see the Nougat update on your device, follow the below manual method. It requires a Windows PC, Odin tool and Samsung drivers installed on the PC.
How to install Android 7.0 Update on Galaxy S5 Neo Manually
1. Download Galaxy S5 Neo (G930W) Nougat firmware from here.
2. Download Odin tool (3.12.7) from here and unzip it on your computer.
3. Run Odin.exe file.
4. Enable “USB Debugging” and “OEM Unlock” on your phone.
5. Now, boot your phone into ‘Download Mode’ (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons together).
6. Now, connect your phone to your PC. You will get a blue sign in Odin. If not, install proper driver on your PC and start.
7. In Odin, make sure Re-partition is NOT ticked (tick only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes, see below screenshot for example).
8. Select AP in Odin and choose the firmware file (with .tar extension) you have unzipped.
9. If everything OK, click the Start button. Once the ‘Pass’ message is appeared in Odin, reboot your phone.
In case you get a Fail message, repeat all the procedure carefully and ensure that you have downloaded correct firmware. Any question? Leave it in the comment section below (Source – Sammobile)