Xiaomi has released MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable update for Redmi 1S. This update will bring better performance and new additions to the 4 year old Android phone. The Redmi 1S MIUI 9 update is still based on Android 4.4 KitKat, but will improve overall performance of the device. Below is the download link for MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM V184.108.40.206.KHCMIEK and installation guide.
Before jump into the installation guide, let us see what is new in this update. As said above, Redmi 1S MIUI 220.127.116.11 update is based on Android 4.4 KitKat, but you can notice various changes in the system UI and features. The phone app now has a simplified UI, improved layout and readability for search results in Contacts, and many more.
Below are the main highlights of this update:
– Improved layout and readability for search results in Contacts
– Switch for turning Battery saver automatically when charged
– Search for apps in the Dual apps settings
– Quick ball goes back to the edge after 3 seconds of inactivity
– Mi Mover app supports data migration restarting
– Simplified the UI for Phone app
– Mi Picks is now called Meet Apps and has a new name and a new icon
– Cleaner app removes empty folders better now
– Protection from unintentional tapping for Dial pad
– Devices with rare Bluetooth profiles are hidden in the device list
If Redmi 1S is running on stock recovery and MIUI 8 (V18.104.22.168.KHCMID), you will get the new update via OTA (over – the- air). You can also download and install the update (recovery ROM) manually via Updator app.
How to Install MIUI 9.2 Global Stable Recovery ROM
1. Download MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM V22.214.171.124.KHCMIEK recover ROM [HERE] and save it on Redmi 1S’s internal storage.
2. Launch the ‘Updater’ app on your phone.
3. Tap the setting icon (3 dots) at the top-right corner and select ‘Choose update package’.
4. Choose the ROM zip file you have just saved on your phone.
5. The flashing process will start and this will take some time to finish.
Once the installation process is finished, your device should automatically boot to the new version. (Source – MIUI)