Android 7.1.2 Nougat based Resurrection Remix OS v.5.8.4 is now available for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (mido) Snapdragon variant. The custom ROM offers best of performance, several customizations, and a bunch of value added features to the handset. Custom ROM fans can now download and install the official Resurrection Remix OS on their Redmi Note 4 via TWRP recovery.
Besides Android 7.1.2 Nougat native features, Resurrection Remix OS v.5.8.4 offers several features to enhance user experience. For example, theme engine, full Substratum theme support, customizable navigation bar, various gestures, animations, PIE control, customized System UI Tuner, App circle bar, and many more.
If you are interested, check out the below guide to know what are the prerequisites and how to install Resurrection Remix OS v.5.8.4 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
Prerequisites for installing Resurrection Remix OS v.5.8.4 (mido) one Redmi Note 4:
As you all know, for installing any custom ROM on an Android phone requires unlocked bootloader and custom recovery like TWRP. Your Redmi Note 4 should be unlocked and installed latest version of TWRP recovery on it.
– First unlock the bootloader and install TWRP recovery
– Backup all data you have on the phone before proceeding
– Battery charge above 80% to prevent accidental shutdown while flashing
How to Install official RR OS on Redmi Note 4
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. We can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
2. Boot Redmi Note 4 into TWRP (Hold Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously. Continue to hold both buttons until the “MI” logo appears on the screen, then release).
3. In TWRP recovery, select Backup and create a Nandroid backup (recommended).
4. Now, select Wipe and then Advanced Wipe. Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.
5. Go back to return to main menu, then select Install. Navigate to /sdcard, and select the LineageOS .zip package.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the package. Once done, install Gapps zip file also.
7. Once installation has finished, return to the main menu, select Reboot, and then System.
Set up your new OS and enjoy Resurrection Remix OS on Redmi Note 4. Any question? Leave it in the comment section below.