The recently launched Redmi Note 5 Pro is a very affordable and feature packed phone. It has turned out to be a popular device in a short time, but since the launch many users are complaining about an annoying issue with the handset. The issue was low volume while using headphone. Xiaomi addressed this issue and started pushing out a new software update MIUI 9 V126.96.36.199.NEIMIEK via OTA to fix it.
MIUI 9 Global Stable V188.8.131.52.NEIMIEK for Redmi Note 5 Pro fixes low volume issue on the handset. This is a minor update and the OTA update weighs around 67MP. Since the OTA update is rolling out in phases it will take few days to get on your device. In case you haven’t already received it, you will get it soon.
To install the V184.108.40.206.NEIMIEK OTA update, your device should be running on V220.127.116.11.NEIMIEK, which was rolled out a few days back with Face Unlock feature. Check for the new update by going to Settings > About phone > check system update. If update found, just update your phone.
For your information, Redmi Note 5 Pro was launched as a successor to Redmi Note 4. The device comes packed with Snapdragon 636 Octa-core processor, 4GB/6GB of RAM options, 64GB of storage, 12MP+5MP Dual camera, 20MP front camera with Soft selfie light, 4000mAh battery, 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display and more.
If you cannot wait for the OTA, you can download and flash the MIUI 9 Global Stable V18.104.22.168.NEIMIEK manually on your device. Inexperienced users should not try this method, as it may break your device.
Download and Install MIUI 9 Recovery ROM on Redmi Note 5 Pro
1. Download MIUI 9 Global Stable V22.214.171.124.NEIMIEK zip files from here. Rename it as ‘update.zip’ and then save it to your phone’s root of internal storage (do not put inside a folder)
2. Launch Updater app and tap the menu (3 dots). In the menu, tap ‘Reboot to recovery mode‘.
3. This will reboot your phone into Recovery mode.
4. In Recovery, select ‘Install update.zip to System’ (use Vol Up & Vol Down buttons) and press Power button to select it.
5. This will automatically detect the update.zip file and start installing the ROM. Once done, your phone will reboot automatically. That’s all.