MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 9 7.8.24 has released for Redmi 4 which bring Android 7.1.2 Nougat to the device. If you are on MIUI Beta ROM, you will get the MIUI 9 Beta OTA (over the air) update. Other Redmi 4 users need to download and flash the MIUI 9 Global Beta fastboot ROM manually to experience the all new MIUI 9 and Android 7.1.2 Nougat features. If you are interested, look into the below installation guide.
MIUI 9 Global Beta recovery and fastboot ROMs are now available for Redmi 4 (code named santoni). Besides Android 7.1.2 Nougat features, MIUI 9 also bring features like Smart Assistant, Global image search, Smart app Launcher, Split Screen, Notification filter, Home screen customization, new themes and much more to Redmi 4.
Below are the full changelog of MIUI 9 Global Beta 7.8.24 ROM.
– Mi Picks gets a new name and a new icon! Meet Apps! (new)
– Only Mi TV/Mi Box can be added/shown on Mi Remote app after the update (fix)
– Wallpaper Carousel couldn’t load online resources (a Play Store update was required) (fix)
– Redesigned home page (optimization)
How to upgrade to MIUI 9
1. If you are on MIUI 8 Global Beta and did not get the OTA notification yet, download the MIUI 9 Global Beta recovery ROM (1.2GB) from here.
2. After downloading the ROM, follow this guide to know how to flash recovery ROM on your phone.
3. If you are on other MIUI version or stable version, download the MIUI 9 Global Beta fastboot ROM (1.8GB) from here.
4. Once downloaded the ROM, follow this guide to know how to flash fastboot ROM on your phone.