Finally, XTE has released B35 update for its Axon 7U variant with Blueborne and Wi-Fi KRACK vulnerability fixes. This update does not bring any major changes to Axon 7, but it is critical as it includes various vulnerability fixes and December 2017 Google security patches. The OTA update with build number A2017UV.1.0B35 has started rolling out and you can also manually install the update by downloading the firmware.
The B35 update (A2017UV.1.0B35) is still based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat (not Android 8.0 Oreo as expected) and will improve overall performance of the device. The update is currently available in select region and for open market Axon 7. To remind you, ZTE Axon 7G variant (A2017G V1.0.0B11) currently runs on B11 update will get the similar update soon.
Highlights of A2017UV.1.0B35 update (update date: 2018-1-27):
– Google security patches trough December 2017 with Blueborne and Wi-Fi KRACK vulnerability fixes
– Miscellaneous performance improvements and other fixes
Before going to manual installation, check for OTA (over the air) update by going to Settings > System Update. Your download will begin and automatically start the updating process. If no update found, here is how to install B35 update on your Axon 7 manually.
How to Install ZTE Axon 7 B35 update Manually
1. Save the downloaded B35 update file on the root of your SD card (not in any folder).
2. Reboot your phone into stock recovery mode (to do so, press Volume Down + Power button simultaneously).
3. In recovery, tap on Install Update from storage. It will begin installation process and will reboot your phone after completing the process.
You can also update without rebooting to recovery. Go to Settings > System Updates > Local upgrade. Wait for the firmware to flash and then reboot your phone. (source)