MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM V188.8.131.52 has been released for Redmi Note 4 with KRACK WPA2 vulnerability fix, new features and a handful of fixes and optimizations. This build (184.108.40.206.NCFMIEK) is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat and offers enhanced performance. The update starts getting on all Redmi Note 4 via OTA and experienced users can also download the build (fastboot/recovery) and install it manually.
The MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM v220.127.116.11.NCFMIEK comes with a new simplified UI for Phone app, App Lock hides messages from apps you prefer, set default dual app for faster WeChat, Weibo, and QQ actions, Mi Mover now supports data migration restarting for uninterrupted data migration and includes many other changes and bug fixes.
Below is what is new in MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable update, main highlights, download link and installation guide.
Highlights of MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable ROM:
– Fixes Fingerprint module damage caused by fingerprint identification error.
– Includes KRACK WPA2 security vulnerabilities
– Mi Mover now supports data migration restarting for uninterrupted data migration.
– Reduced the number of push notifications when the user is signed out.
– New simplified UI for phone app.
– Optimization for “Add to favorites” icon adjustments.
– Hide free and incompatible themes in the list of the purchased items.
– Multiple themes supported on the clock widget.
– Adjusted time for tapping the Lock screen notifications.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 users will get the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM v126.96.36.199.NCFMIEK OTA (over-the-air) update in the coming days. If you have not received the update notification yet, check it by going to the About device section. If you have not received the update you can download the recovery ROM (link below) and install via Updator app.
Redmi Note 4 runs on older version of MIUI (MIUI 7 or MIUI 8 stable ROM), you should downloadand install the Fastboot ROM (link below).