Recently, OnePlus rolled out OxygenOS 3.5.5 OTA update for OnePlus 2 with VoLTE support, but it caused frequent network drops on the phone. Many users (already updated to the OOS version 3.5.5) are complaining about the network connectivity issues on their OnePlus 2, especially Jio and Airtel networks users in India. Though there are a few temporary workaround to fix the issue, official fix is not yet released.
To fix the network drops issue, right now the only solution is to downgrade your OnePlus 2 to OxygenOS 3.1.0 from OxygenOS 3.5.5. In this guide, we show you how to downgrade OnePlus 2 to OxygenOS 3.1.0 from OxygenOS 3.5.5. The steps are very simple and all you need to download OOS 3.1.1 intermittent version and OOS 3.1.0 stable version, and then flash both file via stock recovery.
Note that, network connectivity issues is not a major problem for you, you do not need to downgrade your OnePlus 2 right now. OnePlus already acknowledged the issue and hopefully will release a fix soon.
As always, make a backup of every data you have on the phone before proceeding with below steps. Also, ensure at least 70% – 80% battery charge remaining on the phone.
How to Downgrade OnePlus 2 OxygenOS 3.1.0 from OxygenOS 3.5.5
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
Required files to downgrade OnePlus 2:
1. Transfer the downloaded two zip files (OOS 3.1.1 intermittent version & OOS 3.1.0 stable version) on to the phone.
2. Boot your OnePlus 2 into stock recovery mode (power off, press Power + Volume Down buttons together for 3 seconds)
3. Choose English > Install from local > and choose the OOS 3.1.1 intermittent version (OnePlus2Oxygen_14_OTA_021_all_1610121102_wipe_9505656273ba4203.zip)
4. Wait for the flashing process to complete.
5. After the flashing, choose ‘Reboot’ and device will restart.
6. After rebooting, repeat step 2 again.
7. Choose English > Install from local > and choose the OOS 3.1.0 stable version (OnePlus2Oxygen_14_OTA_020_all_1608262242_44a55e674a2b4bf6.zip)