Poco M3 is a budget smartphone with decent specifications and a massive 6000mAh battery. Launched with MIUI 12 based on Android 10, Xiaomi rolled out several firmware updates since the launch to improve its performance. But a recent update caused many Poco M3 units to stay in the power-off mode.
If Poco M3 does not turn on after the recent firmware update, you do not need to panic. There is a simple workaround to fix. The affected update is released to improve the memory performance on the phone. Unfortunately, after completing the update, many Poco M3 units stopped turning on.
Here is an official workaround to fix the Poco M3 not turning on the issue caused by the recent memory performance update.
Steps to Fix Poco M3 Stopped Turn on Issue
1. Hold down the Power button for 13 seconds or until the phone turn on. If it does not work, then try the below steps.
2. Hold down Power and Volume Down buttons together for about 5-7 seconds to boot into Fastboot mode.
3. Leave the phone in Fastboot mode for about 20 seconds, and then hold down the Power and Volume Down buttons together to exit from Fastboot mode.
4. Your phone should start as usual.
For your reference, the affected firmware versions are the following: V18.104.22.168.QJQEUXM, V22.214.171.124.QJFMIXM, V126.96.36.199.QJFRUXM, V188.8.131.52.QJQIDXM, V184.108.40.206.QJFEUXM, and V220.127.116.11.QJQMIXM.
Poco M3 is available since November 2020 with Android 10 (MIUI 12). 48MP triple camera, 6.53 inches IPS display, Snapdragon 662 processor, 64GB/128GB storage and 4GB/6GB RAM options, side-mounted fingerprint reader, 6000mAh battery with 18W fast charge, etc., are the main highlights of the phone.
- How to Optimize Xiaomi Phones After the MIUI 12 Update to Fix Performance Issues
- Fix Home Screen Icons Layout Resetting Issue on MIUI 12 Phones
- How to Reset Wireless Settings on Xiaomi Redmi Phone
- Fix “The System Has Been Destroyed” Issue on Xiaomi Phones