Call recording is a feature of OnePlus phones. But latest lineups from OnePlus, such as OnePlus 9, 9 Pro, 9R, Nord, etc., comes without OxygenOS dialer and contact apps. Instead, they come with Google Phone app and contact app. Though the Google Phone app has a call recording feature, you cannot record calls secretly. Callers will notify ahead of time that his/her phone call is recording.
Google recently enabled an automatic call recording feature for unknown numbers for the Phone app, but it will also notify the caller that the call is being recording. If this call record warning is an annoyance, luckily, there is a way to disable the call record warning on OnePlus 9 and OnePlus Nord series.
Here is how to disable the call is being recorded warning on OnePlus 9, OnePlus 9R, OnePlus 9 Pro, and OnePlus Nord running Oxygen OS11 (Android 11).
Steps to Disable Call Record Warning on Latest OnePlus Phones
- Download the OxygenOS Dialer APK file (link) and install it on OnePlus 9 or Nord.
- After installation, open the Settings menu and select the Apps and Notifications option.
- Select Default Apps, tap on Phone App and choose OnePlus Phone app.
- Once the OnePlus phone app make default, open the it and tap on the three-dot vertical menu (at the top right corner of the screen).
- Select Settings and tap on Call Recording to enable the call recording.
- You can also enable Auto-record calls if you want automatic recording.
You have now installed OxygenOS dialer app on your OnePlus phone. This dialer app will not warn the caller that the call is recording when you start recording calls. So, that is the only way to disable call record warning on the latest OnePlus phones.
- Enable Built-in Call Recording on All OnePlus Phones without Root
- Top 6 Call Recording Apps for Android to Try in 2020
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Gets Native Call Recorder With Latest Phone App