The recently launched Huawei’s Honor 7X (BND-AL10) is updated to build B192 with Face Unlock and AR Lens features. The new B192 update also included smart lock screen notifications feature to protect user’s privacy, optimized the accuracy of several city names in the Weather app and the latest (January 2018) Android security patches to improve system security.
The new B192 updates currently rolling out to Honor 7X BND-AL10 variant (China) with build number BND-AL10C00B192. It is expected that Huawei will soon roll out a new build with Face Unlock and AR Lens functions to other region variants (AL10, AL21, AL22, AL24). We will update the post with download link once the new update is available.
With Face Unlock, you can unlock your phone by just looking on it. Your Honor 7 X will unlock when your face is recognized. You can enable/disable this function by going to Settings > Security and privacy > Face Unlock.
This update also ads the AR lens for you to add effects to your selfies and change the photo background. You can get this option by going to Camera > Modes > AR lens.
By default, the smart lock screen notifications feature hides the content of notifications on the lock screen. You can enable/disable this feature by going to Settings > Security and privacy > Face Unlock > Smart lock screen notifications.
Download and Installation:
If you have not received the OTA notification for B192 update, then check it manually by going to Settings > About Phone > System Updates > check for the new firmware.
If you prefer manual installation, then check out the guide below. Before proceeding, ensure the following:
– Backup all data like contacts, messages, and apps.
– At least 50-60% charge remaining on the phone.
Note: Honor 7X B192 update currently available for BND-AL10 Chinese variant only. Do not install it on other region variants.
Download and Update Honor 7X to Latest B192 Version Manually
1. Download B192 full update.zip file for BND-AL10C00 from here and for other region (coming soon).
2. On your phone, create ‘dload’ folder to root of the SDcard.
3. Unzip the downloaded Update.zip file. Copy and save the “UPDATE.APP” into the ‘dload’ folder.
4. Power off the phone, press the Volume UP and Volume Down keys, and then press the Power key to enter the Software Upgrade Mode.
5. Flashing will start. When the progress bar stop, the phone will restart automatically.
Any question regarding this post? Leave it in the comment section below.