Good news for OnePlus 3 and 3T owners. The company released new software update for both devices through OxygenOS Open Beta channel. OxygenOS Open Beta 38 for the OnePlus 3 and Open Beta 29 for the OnePlus 3T are now available with June 2018 security patch, improved data transfer stability for OnePlus Switch and general bug fixes.
OxygenOS Open Beta 38 and 29 OTA update starts rolling out for OnePlus 3 and 3T. If you have already installed latest version of Open Beta, you will receive this new build as an OTA. If you are not on the Oxygen OS Open Beta, but would like to try it out, then you need to download the full ROM and flash it manually.
OxygenOS Open Beta 38/29 does not include any new features. It is just a bug fixing update. Below is the release note:
– Updated Android security patch to June 2018
– Improved data transfer stability for OnePlus Switch
– General bug fixes
You can download the latest OxygenOS Open Beta update from OnePlus download page here and flash it either through stock recovery or TWRP custom recovery.
Installation Instruction (stock recovery)
Note: It requires a full install and clean flash, so backup important data on the phone.
– Download OxygenOS Open Beta zip file and place it on internal storage of your device
– Reboot to stock Recovery (press Power + Volume Down buttons after switching off the phone)
– In recovery, wipe Cache
– Now, choose “Install from internal storage” find your .zip file and flash it
– Your device will reboot automatically after installing the OS.
Note that, once you migrate to OxygenOS open beta you will not get official OTA for stable release. You will need to manually flash the stable update to get stable OTA update. (Source)