OnePlus has released Android 7.1.1 Nougat based OxygenOS Open Beta 12 for OnePlus 3 and Open Beta 3 for OnePlus 3T, which you can download and install right now. Along with Android 7.1.1 and new features, the update includes various improvements and general bug fixes. If you are participating in the OnePlus Open Beta program, you will receive this update via OTA (over-the-air). Fresh users need to download the full firmware and flash it by ADB sideload.
Besides upgrading to Android 7.1.1 Nougat, the Gallery app has received considerable improvements with this update. Now it has photo editor with watermark and photo straightening options. Also, folders and individual media files can hide. Below are the main changelog of OxygenOS Open Beta 12 and OxygenOS Open Beta 3.
Main changelog of OOS Open Beta 12 (OnePlus 3) and Open Beta 3 (OnePlus 3T):
– Upgraded to Android 7.1.1
– New Shot on OnePlus wallpaper option
– Gallery Improvements:
New photo editor with watermark and photo straightening options
Newly added media will be highlighted in Photos section
Image location will be displayed on grid view
Media can be grouped by month and year
Folders and individual media can be hidden
– General bug fixes
Below are the known issues of OxygenOS Open Beta 12 and 3.
– Android pay not able to work on London TFL/Tube. This can be resolved by updating the app via Play store
– Compatibility issues with certain third party apps
If you are already participating in the Open Beta program, you will receive the update over the air automatically. Alternatively, you can download the ROM and install manually.
How to Flash OxygenOS Open Beta 12/3 on OnePlus 3/3T
Note: This guide requires ABD and fastboot set up on your PC. Also, both device requires unlocked bootloader. Backup data before proceeding.
2. Switch off OnePlus 3/3T, press Power + Volume Down buttons together to boot into stock recovery.
3. In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
4. Connect your OnePlus 3/3T to PC/Mac and issue the following command in command prompt /terminal
adb sideload File Name.zip
./adb sideload File Name.zip
[File Name.zip=OxygenOS Open Beta file name]
5. Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS (Android 7.1.1 Nougat). (Source – OnePlus)