OnePlus 6 has received new software update as OxygenOS 5.1.6 with new features and optimizations. The update enables Portrait Mode for the front camera, enables VoLTE (for Idea network India), improves ringtone volume and sound quality, brings battery percentage in the status bar, and optimizes power consumption and more. OxygenOS 5.1.6 OTA update starts rolling out and users will get it soon.
Recently, OnePlus rolled out OxygenOS 5.1.5 update with various fixes and optimizations. This update removed the Always on Display feature from the device due to battery issue, but the new OxygenOS 5.1.6 does not have the feature. However, it brings the missing battery percentage in the status bar, VoLTE for Idea network, selfie Portrait Mode, etc.
Devices running on OxygenOS 5.1.5 will get the new update through OTA. Experienced users can download and install the incremental OTA update file or full update file manually on OnePlus 6 as described below.
What is new in OxygenOS 5.1.6 for OnePlus 6?
– Enable Idea VoLTE services in India
– Fixed stability issues for Dual Sim Cards
– Added Portrait Mode for the front camera
– Added preview for Light Bokeh effect in Portrait Mode of the rear camera
– Optimized call clarity
– Supported battery percentage in the status bar
– Improved ringtone volume and sound quality
– Now able to schedule Do Not Disturb (DND) mode
– Added Dual-4G network option in SIM & network settings
– Optimized power consumption and Improved system stability
If you own a OnePlus 6 and have not received the OTA notification for this update yet, check it by going to About phone > System Update. If update found, download and install.
If you prefer manual installation, you can install the update manually by downloading the OTA file or full firmware. Below is the OxygenOS 5.1.6 download link and installation guide.
Manual Installation Instruction
1. Download OxygenOS 5.1.6 Full Zip from here and place it in the root directory of your device (not any folder).
2. Navigate to Settings > System Update > Settings > Local upgrade > Select OxygenOS 5.1.6
3. Flash the full ROM Zip file
4. Upon Successful Flash, Wipe Cache from Recovery
5. Once done, reboot the phone.
Device will reboot and your OnePlus 6 is now running on the latest OxygenOS Firmware. [Source – OnePlus]