OnePlus has released OxygenOS 3.5.6 OTA update to fix network drop issue on OnePlus 2. The recently rolled out OxygenOS 3.5.5 OTA update caused frequent network drops on OnePlus 2, especially Jio and Airtel networks users in India. However, note that this update will not fix the IMEI loss issue caused on some devices. If your OnePlus 2 is running on OxygenOS 3.5.5, you should receive the OOS 3.5.6 OTA update (17MB) on your device. Other users can download and install the full ROM manually.
As the OTA update is rolled out in phases, it will take few days to get the OxygenOS 3.5.6 update across the devices. If you cannot wait for the OTA update, or trouble updating the OTA, you can download and install the OxygenOS 3.5.6 update manually on your OnePlus 2. Read on to know how to install the update manually on OnePlus 2.
OxygenOS 3.5.6 OTA update Changelogs:
– Fixed persistent network drops
As always, make a backup of every data you have on the phone before proceeding with below steps. Also, ensure at least 70% – 80% battery charge remaining on the phone.
How to Install OxygenOS 3.5.6 Update Manually on OnePlus 2
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
2. Boot your OnePlus 2 into stock recovery by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power buttons together.
3. In recovery, choose language and then select Install from Local.
4. Select for the update zip file that you saved in step 1 and tap on Install.
5. Once done reboot your phone and enjoy.
Note: If above method is not worked for you, follow the below method. It requires ADB and fastboot drivers installed on your computer.
1. Enable ‘USB debugging’ on your phone.
2. Save the downloaded OxygenOS 3.5.6 update zip file to the folder where the ADB is installed.
3. Turn off the phone and boot into recovery mode.
4. Choose ‘Install from ADB Sideload’, then connect your phone to your computer.
5. Inside the ADB folder, open a command window and issue the below command:
6. You device should be listed. If not, install proper fastboot driver for your device and follow.
7. Now, issue the below command to sideload the OxygenOS 3.5.6 OTA update:
adb sideload file name.zip (file name zip= OxygenOS 3.5.6 update file name)