OnePlus has released a new OxygenOS Open Beta 28/19 (Oreo) update for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. The update includes new features, optimizations, bug fixes, November 2017 security patches, aptX HD Bluetooth streaming, and more. If your OnePlus 3/3T is running on the previous OxygenOS Open Beta, you will get the new OTA (over-the-air) update in the coming days. OxygenOS 28/19 Open Beta full firmware is also available for download, if you prefer manual installation.
Recently, OnePlus rolled out Android 8.0 Oreo stable update (OxygenOS 5.0) for OnePlus 3/3T. The new Open Beta update brings Photo map to view photos by location, launcher enhancements, support for aptX/aptX HD audio streaming, UI fixes for Quick Settings, a bunch of other optimizations and general bug fixes alongside latest Google security patches (November 2017).
Below is the full changelog of OxygenOS Open Beta 28/19:
– Optimized and enhanced application shortcut menu.
– Optimized shelf visual style
– Add a photo map to view photos by location
– UI enhancements and other optimizations
– Added emergency information (ICE) to your personal information
– Wireless hotspot management optimizations
– Support for aptX/aptX HD
– UI fixes for Quick Settings
– Fixed slow charging issues
– Optimized Wi-Fi performance and security
– Optimized battery usage statistics
– Updated Android Security Patch
– Other bug fixes and optimizations
If you are signed up for OxygenOS Open Beta program, you will get the new Android 80 Oreo based OxygenOS Open Beta 28/19 OTA (over-the-air) update on your device, which weighs around 137MB.
You can also download and install the update manually by downloading the firmware.
How to Download and Install OxygenOS Open Beta Manually
1. Download OnePlus 3 Open Beta 28 firmware package [here]
3. After downloading the firmware, follow this installation instruction