OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T start getting new Android 8.0 Oreo Open Beta update (OxygenOS 27/18) with several optimizations, bug fixes and October 2017 security patches. However, the update does not include fix for the recently found EngineerMode vulnerability. If you are running on the previous OxygenOS Open Beta, you will get the new OxygenOS 27/18 Open Beta OTA (over-the-air) update in the coming days.
The OxygenOS Open Beta 27/18 brings new UI for Do Not Disturb, optimizes standby battery usage, improvements in Smart text selection and includes updated OnePlus and GMS applications. Also, the update includes several bug fixes and optimizations alongside latest Google security patch (October 2017).
If you are signed up for OxygenOS Open Beta program, you will get the new Android 80 Oreo based OxygenOS Open Beta 27/18 OTA (over-the-air) update on your device. You can also download and install the update manually.
Below is the full changelog of OxygenOS Open Beta 27/18:
– New UI for Do Not Disturb
– Optimized standby battery usage
– Smart Text selection improvements
– General performance improvements
– Update OnePlus and GSM applications
– Update Google Security Patches (October 2017)
– Other bug fixes and optimizations
Note: OxygenOS Open Beta 27/18 OTA update will get on all OnePlus 3/3T that are signed up for the Beta program. Other users can download and flash the ROM manually. Check out the guide below.
How to Download and Install OxygenOS Open Beta Manually>/h4>
3. After downloading the firmware, follow this installation instruction