The MIUI 8 based Android Nougat is just round the corner for Xiaomi Mi Note 2, Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus. The MIUI team is hiring owners of these devices for beta testing MIUI 8 based Android Nougat. Xiaomi is accepting beta tester applications through their forum app. If you are interested and own Mi Note 2, Mi 5s, or Mi 5s Plus, here is how to apply for beta testing Android Nougat.
If you would like to test out the beta version of Android Nougat (MIUI 8 Global ROM) on your device, join the beta program before 19 Jun 2017. There is no region restriction. All owners of Mi Note 2, Mi 5s, or Mi 5s can apply for beta program. To join the Nougat beta program, you should install Xiaomi MIUI Forum app on your device.
Below are the pre-requisites for participating in the MIUI 8 Global Beta program.
– Should have some knowledge about ROMs
– Must be active in the forum
– Willing to discuss with other members in both QQ Beta group and forum
– QQ is a must, no alternate app
How to join Android 7.0 Nougat Beta program (MIUI 8 Global Beta)
2. Open the app and on the homepage, select Recruitment.
3. Fill out your information as stated and tap on the Submit button. You will get a forum PM after approval. That’s it.
If you are selected for beta program, it is your responsibility to do the followings:
– Join the QQ Beta group after selected
– Flash the regular Beta updates
– Discuss with fellow members in the QQ Beta group
– Answer queries/posts in the Bugs/Beta Team sub-forum
– Report the issue/Bug on time
– Participate in weekly recommendation poll thread
The MIUI 8.2 based Android 7.0 Nougat ROM brings various new features to Redmi and Mi devices. Ability to use two or more languages at the same timem, run two apps side by side, doze on the Go for better battery power saving, VR Mode on supported devices, etc. are some of the new features. (Source – MIUI)