After great success on OnePlus 3, the FreedomOS is now available for OnePlus 3T. FreedomOS is entirely a different ROM for OnePlus. Basically it is a stock OxygenOS ROM, but in FreedomOS everything is customizable. It allows you to debloat your ROM smartly. In other words, it install the untouched stock ROM (OxygenOS) on your OnePlus 3T, but the Aroma installer lets you decide what features you want on your phone while installing the ROM. Interested users check out the installation guide.
The current version (FreedomOS 1.2) is based on OxygenOS 4.0.2 (Android 7.0 Nougat), which you can install via TWRP recovery. What makes FreedomOS unique is that while it offering various features, you can make it a most minimalistic or full packaged ROM for you. With the included Aroma installer, tech-minded people can choose what they want on their OnePlus 3T.
The status of the ROM (FreedomOS 1.2) is stable and following options are available:
– Option for install/uninstall Gapps
– Option for install/uninstall System apps
– Super SU (systemless)
– A.R.I.S.E sound systems
– V4A Profile and IRS, ARISE and more
– Adaway + Host file
– Android Debugging Bridge (ADB)
– Dash Charge
How to install FreedomOS on OnePlus 3T
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
1. Install the latest version of official TWRP recovery
3. Reboot your phone into TWRP
4. In TWRP, select ‘Backup’ and make a Nandroid backup (recommended)
5. Now, select ‘Wipe’ and wipe data/system/dalvik/cache
6. Now, select ‘Install’, navigate to FreedomOS zip file
7. In Aroma installer, choose what you want. After finishing the installation, reboot your phone.
Let us know your views about this ROM in the comment section below (Source – NevaX1)