Good news for Huawei P8 Lite owners, the European variant Huawei P8 Lite 2017 edition (PRA-LX1C432) receives EMUI 8.0 Oreo update. The update comes as B322 (PRA-LX1 184.108.40.2062(C432) and available through OTA. It may take a few days to complete the OTA roll out, however check it manually by heading to system update menu.
Along with Android 8.0 Oreo, Huawei’s Emotion UI 8.0 update will improve overall performance of P8 Lite (2017). The AI-based optimizations bring greater stability, fluidity and speed to the device. The update will also bring simple UI, new camera feature, multi Bluetooth connectivity, smarter floating Navigation dock, better security and more.
If you have not received the OTA notification for EMUI 8.0 update on Huawei P8 Lite 2017, then check it manually by going to Settings > About Phone > System Updates > check for the new firmware. If B322 update found, download and install it.
The company strongly recommends updating to B322, as it will improve overall performance and security of P8 Lite (PRA-LX1). Before installing the update, make sure at least 50% battery charge left on the phone.
Device: Huawei P8 Lite 2017
Android Version: 8.0
EMUI Version: 8.0
Build Number: PRA-LX1C432B322
What is New in EMUI 8.0 for Huawei P8 Lite:
- Smarter floating Navigation dock lets you perform frequently used operations from anywhere on the screen.
- AI-based optimizations deliver greater stability, fluidity, faster startup, and speed.
- Multi Bluetooth Connectivity lets you connect to two different Bluetooth devices at the same time, such as a band and a car.
- Offers enhanced protection for your system and data with new updates to system security
- Smart tips recommend you faster and smarter ways to operate your phone, appearing in specific usage scenarios and responding to your usage habits.
- Contacts and Email now let you sync the career details of your LinkedIn contacts.
- Settings has been redesigned for clearer and more intuitive organization.
- Gallery now features a recycle bin that retains deleted photos for up to 30 days. Accidentally deleted photos can be restored with a single touch.
- Phone Manager has been simplified to make managing your device easier. Standard cleanups are faster and deep cleanups more thorough.
Manual Installation: Technically talented owners of P8 Lite can download the EMUI 8.0 Oreo update file and install it manually. The update is currently available on Huawei servers that you can download and flash through dload method. Keep in mind that the update file is for European variant Huawei P8 Lite PRA-LX1C432 only.