Asus has rolled out a new Android 7.0 Nougat update for ZenFone 3 Ultra (ZU680KL) with various improvements, bug fixes, new additions like Google app integrated into ZenUI launcher and more. If you have not got the update yet, the OTA (over the air) update with build number 14.1010.1704.46 will reach on all ZenFone 3 Ultra in the coming days. Alternatively, you can download and install the firmware (WW_14.1010.1704.46) manually.
Check out the below guide to know how to update Zenfone 3 Ultra (ZU680KL) to Android 7.0 Nougat with official firmware. The update includes optimizations, general bug fixes, latest security patches and few new additions. If you have not updated to the latest version (build number 14.1010.1704.46), here is how to install the update manually.
Before begin with the manual installation, make sure that at least 2.5 GB free space on the internal storage. Also, ensure above 50% battery charge remaining on the phone as well as backup every data on the phone.
Note: This guide is for Zenfone Ultra ZU680KL and SKU WW. Do not install the firmware on other SKU, such as CN, TW, etc.
How to Update Asus Zenfone Ultra ZU680KL to Android Nougat Manually
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
1. Check your SKU by going to Settings > About > software information > Build number and see the software version for WW, CN, JP, etc.
3. Save the downloaded firmware zip file on your phone’s internal storage.
4. Boot your phone into recovery mode (Switch off the phone and turn on by pressing Power + Volume Up buttons together).
5. In recovery, choose Apply update from sd card and then select the firmware zip file.
6. After completing the installation, reboot your phone.
Enjoy new Android 7.0 Nougat, updated ZenUI and other additions. Leave your views in the comment section below (Source – Asus).