Xiaomi has starting to roll out MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global stable build for Redmi 3S/Prime with lot of bug fixes, handful of new features, various optimizations and latest security patches. Redmi 3S/Prime owners can now enjoy separate app locks for Dual apps, hide lockscreen notification content, manage auto-start of system apps, and more by updating to MIUI 184.108.40.206 Global Stable ROM. If you prefer manual installation, read on to know how it is.
The incremental OTA update (MIUI 8.5 Global Stable V220.127.116.11.MALMIED) for Redmi 3S/Prime starts rolling out and users will get the update in the coming days. Alternatively, users can download and install MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM (recovery image/fastboot image) on their Redmi 3S/Prime right now. Check out the guide below.
Below are the highlights of MIUI 22.214.171.124 for Redmi 3S/Prime:
New – Separate App locks for Dual apps
New – Option for hiding the content of notifications on Lock screen
New – Manage auto start for multiple system apps
Optimization – Use search to select your time zone
Fix – Force close issues during the final steps of adding a fingerprint
Fix – Lock screen notifications were blank in some cases
Fix – Couldn’t connect to the personal hotspot if it was turned on in the Notification shade
– Read full changelog at here
Note: The safest method to update Redmi 3S/Prime to newest MIUI version is by OTA (Over-the-Air). If you have not received the OTA update notification yet, check it by going to Settings > About Phone > System updates.
How to Install MIUI 126.96.36.199 Update on Redmi 3S/Prime
1. Installing MIUI 188.8.131.52 Recovery image is a simple process, but your device should be on stock MIUI ROM and stock recovery.
2. Save the downloaded recovery image on your phone’s internal storage
3. Launch the ‘Updater’ app on your phone. Tap the setting icon (3 dots) at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM zip file you have just saved on your phone.
4. The flashing process will start and this will take some time to finish.
Once the installation process is finished, your device should automatically boot to the new version.
1. This process will wipe your device, so back up important data before proceeding.