As you all know, the open-source Android developers’ community, CyanogenMod is now dead and switched to new Lineage OS. However, unofficial CyanogenMod builds are still available and the latest one is for Xiaomi Mi4i. The unofficial CyanogenMod 14.1 (code named ferrari) brings the latest and the sweetest Android 7.1.1 Nougat to Xiaomi Mi4i. Interested owners of Mi4i can flash CM14.1 and enjoy new features, stock UI and more.
If you are interested to flash CM14.1 (unofficial) on your Xiaomi Mi4i, check out the detailed installation guide given below. Android 7.1.1 Nougat brings multi-window mode, better battery life, smarter notification, customized quick settings, latest Android security patches and several value added features.
The status of CM14.1 for Xiaomi Mi4i is Beta, however, there were no major bugs in this ROM. Major components of the phone (Wi-Fi, RIL, Calling, Camera, Cell data, etc.) are fully functional. If you are ready to face few issues, then read on to know how to flash CM14.1 on your device.
Note: Before start, backup entire data you have on the device. Also, make sure you have a stock system image to flash back to. Make a system backup from TWRP recovery before proceeding.
Note: To install unofficial CM14.1 on your device require latest version of TWRP recovery and root access on the phone.
How to install CM14.1 (Android 7.1.1) on Xiaomi Mi4i
Disclaimer: Follow the guide at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any damage that occurs. The guide is intended for technically talented users only.
2. Transfer both zip files to your device’s SD card.
3. Turn off your phone and boot into TWRP recovery by pressing Power + Volume Down buttons together.
4. In TWRP, perform a full wipe (cache, dalvik cache, data/factory reset) by selecting ‘Wipe’ option.
5. Now, flash CM14.1 zip file and Gapps zip file. To do so, select ‘Install’, navigate to ROM zip file and swipe to confirm flash. Repeat the same for Gapps as well.
6. Before rebooting, once again wipe cache partition and data, and then reboot your phone.
Note: The first boot will takes around 10 – 20 minutes. Once booted up, set up your Mi4i and enjoy Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Any question? Leave it in the comment section below (source – Rohan purohit)