The intelligent personal assistant ‘Google Assistant’ was an exclusive feature of Google’s latest handsets Pixel and Pixel XL. Thankfully, Google now starts rolling out the feature to all phones running on Android Nougat and Marshmallow. If you do not have this feature yet, just follow the guide given below. If you did it correctly, it will instantly activate Google Assistant on any Android phone runs on Nougat and Marshmallow.
Google Assistant is considered an extension of Google Now, but the AI (artificial intelligence) powered Google Assistant can engage in two-way conversations. It helps you to do everything you want by long pressing the home button or by just saying the famous hot word ‘Ok Google’. Now, read on to know how to instantly activate Google Assistant on your phone.
Google Assistant is activated based on regions and language. In addition, your device should meet certain requirements to be activated the AI Assistant. The first thing is your device should be running on Android Marshmallow or Nougat.
Now, read on to know how to instantly activate Google Assistant on your phone. Before start, please note that, you should first update the Google app (version 220.127.116.11. arm/ arm64 or later) and Google Play services (version 10.2.98 or later) to latest version.
How to Activate Google Assistant on any Phone
2. If not, go to your phone Settings > Google Apps > then delete Data. Then go to Google Play Services > then delete Data. Reboot your phone and see Google Assistant is activated by long pressing on the Home button.
3. If Google Assistant is not activated, go to phone Settings > Language & Input > and change the language to English (US).
Still no Google Assistant? Then follow below steps. It should activate the AI Google Assistant on your phone.
1. Go to phone Settings > Accounts & Privacy > Google Account.
2. Tap on it and sign out. Select ‘Add Account’, then add a new Gmail account, and then activate it.
3. Alternatively, if you want to use your existing Google account, just remove the existing account and then add it again.
4. Once again delete data from Google Apps and Google Play services, and then reboot your phone.
5. Now, long press the Home button, set up and use your Google Assistant.
Note that, this should work on most phones running on Marshmallow or Nougat. For example, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Samsung S7, S6, OnePlus 3/3T, OnePlus 2, many Motorola, Asus, LG, Sony, and Xiomi phones.