CyanogenMod has released the first official Snapshot build (stable build) of CyanogenMod 13 (ZNH5Y) for Samsung Galaxy S3, which means Galaxy S3 users can now enjoy Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, even though Samsung stopped support for the OS update to the device. Also, since the Snapshot build is perfect for daily use and includes most CM goodies, users can experience CyanogenMod and Marshmallow on their Galaxy S3.
Interested users may go through the easy installation guide given below to install the official CyanogenMod 13 (Android 6.0.1) on Galaxy S3 i9300 (international variant). Besides the various new features and stock Android UI, CM13 Snapshot build ZNH5Y also includes latest security patches (August) and fixes some Quadrooter Vulnerabilities.
Before start installing CyanogenMod 13 (ZNH5Y) on Galaxy S3, note that the below procedure will wipe your device, so backup EFS data, phone data such as personal files, images, videos, messages, emails, contacts, apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks, etc. before proceeding.
CyanogenMod 13 Installation Procedure for Galaxy S3 I9300 (Intl)
Note: To install CM13 Snapshot build, your Galaxy S3 must be running on the Android 4.4 or above, rooted and latest version of TWRP recovery installed on it.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
2. Save both zip files in your phone’s SD card (not in a folder).
3. Reboot your Galaxy S3 in to TWRP recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Home, and Power button few seconds.
4. In TWRP recovery, select ‘Wipe’ and wipe cache, dalvik cache, data/factory reset.
5. Once done, select ‘Install’, choose ROM zip file, then add Gapps zip file and swipe right to confirm flash.
6. Before rebooting, once again wipe cache partition and data, and then reboot your phone.
The first boot will takes around 10 – 20 minutes. Once booted up, set up your phone and enjoy Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. If you come across any issue, leave it in the comment section to get help.