YU Yureka users can update their phone to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with CyanogenMod 13 ROM and enjoy various new features like Doze battery saving, personalized app permission, Now on Tap, etc. as well as latest Android security patches. Official Cyanogen OS 13 not yet released for Yu Yureka, but CyanogenMod 13 has been ready for the device, which you can flash via custom recovery.
The following guide shows you how to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Yu Yureka with CyanogenMod 13 ROM. By flashing CM13, you can experience all the new features of Marshmallow along with CyanogenMod features. To flash CM 13 on Yu Yureka requires root access on the device and latest version of TWRP custom recovery installed on it.
Before start, note that CyanogenMod 13 is not the Cyanogen OS 13. It is a community build and does not include Gapps (Google apps and services). Also, the current status of the ROM is Nightly which means it will contain many bugs that are not yet identified.
How to Install CyanogenMod 13 on Yu Yureka
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Though we are putting our level best to provide this tutorial at its maximum perfection and accuracy, we can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
Important: As always, create a backup of all data you have on your device
1. Make sure your Yu Yureka is rooted and installed latest TWRP recovery on it
3. Now, boot your phone into TWRP recovery mode. To do so, turn off the device, press and hold ‘Volume Up + Volume Down + Power’- buttons.
4. In recovery, does a complete wipe (cache, dalvik cache, system) by selecting ‘Wipe’ option.
5. Come back to the main recovery menu, select ‘Install’, navigate to CM13 ROM zip file and swipe to flash. Do the same for Gapps as well.
6. Once done, reboot your phone. It will take a few minutes to complete the first booting process.
Once your phone booted up, setup it and enjoy Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. If you come across issues like bootloop, reboot into recovery mode and wipe cache and dalvik cache.
Any question? Leave it in the comment section below.