The Resurrection Remix team has released official Android 8.1 Oreo based custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. The build comes with a ton of features, UI improvements and offers several customizations to suite your needs. Resurrection Remix RR-O-v6.0.0 not only brings the latest Android 8.1 Oreo, it also brings stock Android UI over Xiaomi’s customized MIUI on Redmi Note 3.
In all the probability, Redmi Note 3 will not get official Oreo update, so the best way to get the latest Android on it is custom ROM like the one detailed here. Besides Oreo’s native features, the RR-O-v6.0.0 offers several features like full Substratum theme support, customizable navigation bar, various gestures, animations, and many more to enhance user experience.
If you are interested, check out the below guide to know what are the prerequisites and how to install Resurrection Remix RR-O-v6.0.0 (Oreo 8.1) on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon variant (kenzo).
Before start, do remember that the present status of the ROM is nightly, which means it is almost stable and can be used as a daily driver. Also, this build is shipped rootless.
– Unlocked bootloader and TWRP recovery on phone (guide)
– Backup all data you have on the phone before proceeding
– Battery charge above 50% to prevent accidental shutdown while flashing
How to Install official RR OS on Redmi Note 3
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. We can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
2. Boot Redmi Note 4 into TWRP (Hold Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously. Continue to hold both buttons until the “MI” logo appears on the screen, then release).
3. In TWRP recovery, select Backup and create a Nandroid backup (recommended).
4. Now, select Wipe and then Advanced Wipe. Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.
5. Go back to return to main menu, then select Install. Navigate to /sdcard, and select the LineageOS .zip package.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the package. Once done, install Gapps zip file also.
7. Once installation has finished, return to the main menu, select Reboot, and then System.
Set up your new OS and enjoy OS. Any question? Leave it in the comment section below.(source – Google+)