The most popular custom ROM, CyanogenMod 11 (CM11) for Android One smartphones is now available. This is a universal ROM, which means it supports all current Android One makes such as Spice Dream Uno, Karbonn Sparkle V and Micromax Canvas A1. In this guide, we will show you how to install CM11 ROM on your Android One smartphone.
Android One is a new project from Google for the next billion users. They are the budget smartphones running on the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat and currently available in India. CM11 ROM will bring several welcome tweaks and customization options to boost your phone’s performance.
For your information, CM11 is AOSP based with subtly added tweaks and improvements. Though the Android One CyanogenMod 11 ROM is at an early stage of development, it is stable and majority of functions are working properly. Dual SIM, Wi-Fi and data are currently not working.
If you own a Spice Dream Uno, Karbonn Sparkle V or Micromax Canvas A1 Android One smartphone, you can install CyanogenMod 11on it, however your phone must have unlocked bootloader and custom recovery like the one CWM installed.
1. Download [Here] Android One CyanogenMod 11 ROM and transfer it to your phone.
2. Download [Here] Google Apps (Gapps) and move it to your phone.
3. Now, boot your phone into recovery mode. To do so, power off your phone, then press and hold Power + Volume Up button together for a few seconds and then release the buttons as soon as you see the boot menu screen. Press Volume Up three times to select Recovery Mode, and then press Volume Down to confirm.
4. From recovery, clear data by selecting ‘wipe data/factory reset’, clear cache by selecting ‘wipe cache partition’.
5. Then, go back to the main recovery screen and then tap ‘install zip from SD card’. Choose ROM zip file and precede the installation. Repeat the same step for flashing Gapps.
Finally reboot your phone and enjoy CM11 on your Android One! (source)