Asus releases Android 8.0 Oreo update for ZenFone 3 Deluxe ZS570KL variant. The FOTA update with software version WW_15.0210.1804.47 starts getting on both variants of ZenFone 3 Deluxe ZS570KL 8996 and ZS570KL 8996 PRO. You can also download and install the Oreo update manually on the device.
Recently, Asus rolled out Oreo update for ZenFone 3 Deluxe (ZS550KL) 5.5-inch variant. Along with native features of Oreo, the update will bring some important changes to launcher and improve overall performance of the device. Below is what is new in this update.
- Update to Android 8.0 Oreo
- New feature for Launcher (swipe up to all apps, new icons)
- Removes third-party apps, such as Minimove, photocollege, do it later, TripAdivisor, Puffin Browser and Kindle.
- Zenmotion will be default off
- Privacy setting update
- Enable CHT Vowifi
Since the Oreo FOTA update roll out in phases it will take few days to get the update on all devices. Check the update manually by going to Settings > System > System updates. Suggest to backup data before starting the software update.
If you would like to install the Android 8.0 Oreo update on your ZenFone 3 Deluxe (ZS570KL) manually, then here is how to download the full firmware (build WW_15.0210.1804.47) and install manually.
Keep in mind that you should download correct firmware build for your SKU. Check the SKU by going to phone Settings > About > software information > Build number and see the software version for WW, CN, JP, etc.
Manual Firmware Installation Instruction for ZenFone 3 Deluxe
1. Download WW_15.0210.1804.47 update zip file for ZS570KL from here
2. Double click the firmware zip file to see another zip file it.
3. If another zip file found, unzip the downloaded firmware zip file
4. Transfer the firmware zip file to the root directory of your phone’s internal storage.
5. Disconnect your phone from PC. You will see firmware update notification popped up on status bar.
6. Select it and follow steps to update firmware.
After completing the installation, your ZenFone 3.0 Deluxe will reboot into the Android 8.0 Oreo. (Source)