Google Pixel phone comes with a nice launcher called ‘Pixel Launcher’ along with exquisite wallpaper collection, Google Assistant and more. Pixel Launcher can be installed unofficially on any phone, including Xiaomi phone running on Android Marshmallow and above. Since MIUI is a fully customized version of Android, some of you may face issues in setting up Pixel launcher on your Xiaomi phone running on MIUI 8 and above.
With this easy guide, you will know how to install Google Pixel launcher on your Xiaomi phone (MIUI 8 and above) and make it default launcher. Google Pixel launcher will bring stock Android UI, Pixel features like pull up Google search button, weather and calendar widget, swipe up to access app drawer and wallpapers to Xiaomi devices.
Note that this guide does not cover Google Pixel features such as Google Assistant, boot animation, etc. It only let you know how to make Pixel launcher default in Xiaomi phone.
Note: We have tested Pixel launcher on Xiaomi Mi 5 running on MIUI 8. Possibly it should work on other Xiaomi phones running on MIUI 8 (Marshmallow) and later.
How to Get Google Pixel Launcher on your Xiaomi Phone
1. Download Google Pixel Launcher APK from APK Mirror here and install it on your phone
4. Download and install Awesome Icon app from Play store here
Now, read on to know how to make Pixel launcher default in your Xiaomi phone and replace the normal icon with Pixel like round icon.
1. Go to phone Settings > Installed Apps > Default > Launcher > Pixel Launcher, then reboot your phone and make Pixel launcher default.
2. Open Awesome Icon app, select Pixel Launcher and then select required round icon for your home screen.
3. To change wallpaper, long press on the home screen, select ‘Wallpaper’ and then choose desired one.
You have now successfully installed Pixel Launcher on your Xiaomi phone. Leave your views about this topic in the comment section below.