In this guide, we let you know how to enable Pixel Night Light mode (official) on Nexus 5X running on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Night mode was on Nexus 5X, but Google removed the feature from Android 7.1.1 Nougat for unknown reason. If you would like to bring back official ‘Night Light’ mode on your Nexus 5X, as well as status bar, navbar and various other Mods to your beloved handset, you can easily implement, but TWRP recovery is required on the phone.
Pixel Night Light mode filters blue light emitting from the screen, which helps you read in dim light without eyestrain. It is a proven fact that blue light emitting from phone’s display affects sleeping, work quality and eyestrain. Night Light is designed to give users a good night’s sleep. It is a core system function of Pixel, but you can enable it on Nexus 5X too.
Thanks to the XDA member Tulsadiver for the official Night Light MOD, you can enable it on Nexus 5X by flashing with TWRP. Not just Night Light, it will also add a host of other mods, such as statusbar, navbar, etc. to Nexus 5X. See full list below.
– Night Light enabled
– 36 dip Navbar
– 3 Minit battery
– Full four way screen rotation
– Battery percentage in text format
– Internet speed
– 4 column QS tiles
– System UI Tuner with Navbar adjustment and brightness bar removal options
– Invisible power menu button in far right hand corner of statusbar
Interested Nexus 5X owners check out the installation instruction given below. Note that your device should be running on Android 7.1.1 Nougat and TWRP recovery installed on the phone.
Note: You can bring Night Light Mode to any Android phone with F.lux app [details here] or there are several apps on Play store, such as Twilight, Lux Auto Brightness, etc. to bring Night mode on Android without root access.
How to Install Pixel Night Light Mod on Nexus 5X
1. Transfer all the three downloaded files (link above) to your Nexus 5X
2. First, install ‘3 Minit resources app’ APK on your phone
3. Now, boot your Nexus 5X into TWRP recovery
4. In recovery, select ‘Install’ and flash ‘Disable signature check’ zip file. Once done, select ‘Wipe’ and wipe dalvik cache, then reboot your phone.
5. Once again reboot your Nexus 5X into TWRP recovery, select ‘Install’ and flash ‘Stock battery base’ zip file.
6. Once done, reboot your Nexus 5X.
You have now installed Night Light and other mods on your Nexus 5X. Check out the guide below to know how to enable Night Light.
How to enable Night Light on Nexus 5X
1. Pull down the Notification shade on your Nexus 5X.
2. Tap on the edit icon (pencil) on the top bar.
3. In ‘Drag to add tiles section’, you will see Night Light. Just drag and drop it into the active tiles menu.