ZTE Nubia Z11 was launched with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (nubia UI 4.0) and it seems that the device will be updated to Android 7.1.1 Nougat soon by skipping Android 7.0. Meanwhile, the development team has released Android 7.1.1 Nougat open Beta firmware for Nubia Z11 (NX531J) that you can download and install right now. Below is the step-by-step guide to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat Beta on Nubia Z11 (NX531J).
In this guide we show you how to install official Android 7.1.1 Nougat (beta) on Nubia Z11 NX531J. Along with Nougat native features, the firmware comes with brand new nubia UI 5.0 user interface, which simplifies use of the device. If you are interested to try out the Nougat beta on your Z11, then check out the installation guide.
Before head over to the installation guide, please note that the firmware file given below is beta version, which means it can contain bugs that can affect normal functioning of the device. Inexperienced users should wait for the final release, which will be released in a couple of months (recommended).
Important: Back up data before proceeding. Also, ensure at least 50% battery charge remaining on the phone.
– Download Android 7.1.1 Nougat (Beta) update.zip file for Nubia Z11 (NX531J) from here (1.2GB)
How to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat Beta on Nubia 11
1. Save the downloaded firmware update zip file on your phone storage.
2. Now, start the “System Update” app, alternatively go to Settings> System Update.
3. Tap 3 vertical dots shown on the top right corner of the screen.
4. Now, select the firmware update.zip file (you just saved).
5. Choose the option Backup to backup your data (if you need so) and then start the installation or proceed directly with the upgrade.
Your phone will restart and start installing the firmware. Wait for few minutes (15-20 minutes) to complete the installation. After rebooting, enjoy your new OS. (Source – Nubiafans)