It seems that OnePlus is all set to launch Android 8.0 Oreo Beta program for the OnePlus 5. OnePlus is now rolling out Android 8.0 Oreo OxygenOS Closed Beta 2 for OnePlus 5. Leaked 2nd OxygenOS Oreo beta is now available for download, which brings Face Unlock feature to the device. Tech-savvy users can test the leaked 2nd Oxygen OS Oreo Beta update on OnePlus 5.
The Oxygen OS Oreo Beta 2 update on OnePlus 5 bring OnePlus 5T’s Face unlock feature, and includes new Launcher, new UI design Gallery, Adaptive Mode and general bug fixes. Of course, the highlighted feature of this update is Face Unlock, which is first appeared in OnePlus 5T.
For your information, OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T have already updated to Android 8.0 Oreo based OxygenOS 5.0, and OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T owners can expect Oreo based OxygenOS Open Beta early December and stable version by end of December or early 2018.
Changelog of 2nd Oxygen OS Oreo update for OnePlus 5
– Video recording now works.
– Face unlock feature added
– New UI design Gallery
– New Launcher
– PIP Mode works
– Adaptive Mode
Experienced OnePlus 5 owners can now try out all the features of the new OS by installing the leaked OxygenOS Android 8.0 Oreo Beta. However, note that the build is not yet ready for public test.
Important: This is the very early beta build and many major aspects of the OS are not working as expected. We do not recommend to install it, as it may brick your device.
Download and Install Oxygen OS Beta (Android 8.0 Oreo) for OnePlus 5
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
– After downloading the firmware, you can install it via TWRP recovery or sideload the update via stock recovery. To install via stock recovery follow below guide.
1. Save the downloaded firmware zip file on your device
2. Reboot your device to stock recovery and then wipe all data.
3. Now, select Install Via ADB option and then sideload the downloaded zip file.
4. After completing the installation, reboot your phone. Enjoy Oreo on your OnePlus 5. (Source – XDA)